Frequently Asked Questions
Are a collection of online stores that can be setup and mange by Campus Merchants or departments. Shoppers have the ability to view products and make purchases.
It allows customers to make one-time or reoccurring payments using payment pages that are interfaced to custom built web application or TouchNet Ready Partner applications. Examples of uPay sites are Alumni donations, conference registrations and many more.
By reducing liability working with cash, checks and credit cards. It is safe, secure, and PCI Compliant. TouchNet Marketplace accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and it’s subsidiaries. It has a new feature called Invoice Me. It allows shoppers to checkout products and you collect payment later by mailed in check. Contact Marketplace@gsu.edu for more information about Invoice Me. It’s an easy way to collect dues, process payments for $0, and add promo codes to offer discounts online. TouchNet Marketplace provides accurate real time reporting.
Georgia State Marketplace admin creates uStore(s) and uPay site(s)
- Store Manager manages the products and store contents
- Georgia State Marketplace can also assist with your store maintenance
- It can take 2-7 weeks to complete based on complexity of uStore or uPay site
Viewing reports are based on assigned user role. Reports can be reviewed for the entire uStore mall as well as individual merchants, store or uPay sites. There are 4 sub-menu for Marketplace Reports: Marketplace, Merchant Revenue, Stores, and uPay Sites. Review Forms & Training Docs for refunds and reporting documentation.
We recommend using non-copyrighted images for your store.
- All single styled uStores are encouraged to use approved College logos when setting individual homepage.
- Selling tangible products that will be shipped make sure the picture/image is the actual product.
- Use generic images related to products that will not require shipping.
A unique four digit alpha/numeric code created by Student Accounts to identify charges and credits on accounts in Banner. Detail codes link Banner Accounts Receivables to the PeopleSoft General Ledgers.
Revenue Accounting code created in TouchNet [Banner Detail Code] displays the description that appears on customer’s bill.
The account-fund-department (449100-14100-11251003) created in PeopleSoft (Spectrum) by student accounts. It connects the four digit Banner detail code (Revenue accounting code) to the speed type.
Yes, products can use the same accounting code.
Yes, you have the option to override the accounting code for an individual product.
Marketplace cannot be used for:
- Anything that is related to a student course. Those fees should be posted to the student account using a Banner detail code. The Detail Code Request Form can be found on the Office of Student Accounts Faculty & Staff Resources website – http://sfs.gsu.edu/tuition-fees/faculty-staff-resources/.
- Lab fees
- Study abroad deposits and program fees
A general exception (GL Exception) occurs when there is missing data, invalid data or problems during data transmissions.
- Payment submitted but not feed to the general ledger.
- GL Exceptions are corrected by GSU Marketplace Admins
A post exception occur when the campus web application is unresponsive or Marketplace receives an error from the posting url.
- Is specific to uPay sites only
- Posting url is data passed between Marketplace and the campus web application
- Error does not mean payment was not received; data was not passed back to campus web application.
- Post exceptions are corrected by GSU Marketplace Admins
When a payment is accepted at the time an order is submitted versus manually fulfilling. If Auto Fulfill is set to No the credit card will not be charged until the assigned fulfiller or admin completes the fulfillment process.
- You must set Auto Fulfill parameter on product to Yes to use this feature.
- Normally used when no shipping is involved.
- Can be used for event registration where no material is shipped.
- For reoccurring donations Auto Fulfill must be set to Yes.
- If an order is not fulfilled within three days, it is automatically reversed.
Georgia State University is currently not license for Mobile Marketplace.